- Mondnacht from Liederkreis - Schumann
Because: It says so much so simply.
- Gefrorne Tranen from Winterreise - Schubert
Because: It describes worlds within us that we perhaps never see otherwise.
- Wasserflut from Winterreise - Schubert
Because: Love the harmonies and flow.
- Goodness Gracious Me - Peter Sellars and Sophia Loren
Because: It makes me either smile hard or laugh every time I hear it!
- Englishman in New York - Sting
Because: Very cool song unlike any other and I played the solos standing next to him on his recent Aussie tour- thats hard to forget!
- Retrograde - James Blake
Because: It's totally original, weird and emotional.
- Teardrop - Massive Attack
Because: It was introduced to me by a friend and broke my resistance to popular things.
- She's Always A Woman To Me - Billy Joel
Because: Great lyrics and a kind of masculine vulnerability.
- Your Latest Trick - Dire Straits
Because: Totally cool and best sax intro ever!
- Rain Rain Rain Rain - Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Because: Rich, unwestern harmony. Totally different from Western music.